Paula Deen's Cornbread Dressing

I've made this dressing for three years.  I will NEVER make another dressing!!!  It is amazing.  Of course, it's Paula Deen - how could it NOT be amazing?!  It is so moist and the veggies have just the right texture and, oh... the flavor!  Amazing.  Absolutely amazing.

I might even make this for Christmas!

Paula Deen's Cornbread Dressing



For starters, I don't follow her cornbread recipe.  You could.  I don't have a real reason I don't, except maybe ease.  I buy Jiffy cornbread and I use three boxes, but two would be MORE than plenty.  You just may not need all the chicken stock.  Which, BTW... I've also NEVER used 7 full cups.  Ever.

You may think the use of the cornbread, white bread and saltines is too much.  It's not.  Do it.  Exactly like she says.  You will not be disappointed!!!  It is wonderful!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Jiffy cornbread mix ruins the flavor of my cornbread dressing. Tried it once and never again. Make your own cornbread from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jiffy is the bomb. The sweetness adds to the savor. Perfect recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jiffy?? Cooking from scratch is Southern!

    ReplyDelete