Chicken & Avocado Enchiladas

OK, I have a ton of reviews - we have been cooking up a storm in the Muegge house.  But I have no pictures of my own and no new recipes of my own.  So I will post reviews of the recipes we've had recently (all of which I found on Pinterest!!) and then you will know which ones are worth a try!!  I've already posted a few - here's one more:

Chicken & Avocado Enchiladas

photo courtesy of Gimme Some Oven

This recipe is from Ali over at Gimme Some Oven.  It is scrumptious!  Even Reagan chowed down and ate about 2/3 of an enchilada which is HUGE for her!!!  And BONUS!  They are awesome warmed up as left overs.  Kyle took some to work and I kept some home and man they were great!!  I will say that we rolled Reagan's particular enchilada without the onions and peppers - mainly b/c she won't eat them, although I usually make her pick out the things she doesn't want but since I LOVE them I wanted more on mine, haha.  I will say that this recipe, for me... made way more than 8-10 tortillas worth.  I had to use a 9x13 AND an 8x8 and the 9x13 was lined horizontal AND vertical - I think there were 13 just in that pan.  So, not sure if my tortillas were too small or what, but it worked out just fine and tasted the same nonetheless.

One thing I will say about this meal - either make some of it ahead or cook it on the weekend!  We made it on a normal week night and it took A LONG time and made LOTS of dishes!!  You could easily buy a rotisserie chicken and use that meat but I boiled chicken breasts first - so there was that pot.  Then I sauteed the onion and poblano (I did not use the jalapeno and that was fine), so there was that pan.  Then I made the sauce, so there was that pan.  And I blended the sauce in the food processor, so there was that.  So, you see how this adds up to lots of dishes!!  If you plan accordingly you could probably figure out a way around this, but I was trying to get it done as quickly as possible :)

This is definitely a must have again!  Maybe even for company?!  Who's coming over?!?!?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment