red beans and rice

It's no secret that I'm obsessed with all things Louisiana.  From the food to the culture to the history... it's all just my "thing."

So, it should be no surprise the we celebrate Mardi Gras in my home!  This past year I made red beans and rice, boudin balls and bread pudding.  It was fantastic - but I'd rather have been in NOLA!

I used a wonderful Emeril recipe for the red beans - I'll make it again, any day of the week!  Although, I was informed by a true Louisianian that red beans and rice are for Mondays, not just any day!  It's a neat tradition actually... but the history behind that is another post!  :)

Red Beans & Rice


Of course, I paired this with Abita!  Although, the Mardi Gras Bock would have been more suitable.

I followed the recipe pretty closely, but I did not cook the sausage with the beans.  We grilled the sausage on the pit and then sliced it and served it on top.  Also, I garnished it with some sliced green onion and that added a good oomph!

Here is a view of our night :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment